Acorn Animal Hospital is here for you in the event of a pet emergency. We aim to educate our clients on what situation warrants a visit to us for emergency pet care.
In the event of a pet emergency, please call us immediately at (508) 528-1135 and let us know your pet's current situation. We can advise you on any next steps.
In the event that your pet's emergency is after our hospital's open hours, we recommend one the following emergency clinic:
When to Bring in Your Pet for Urgent Care
We recommend that you call us immediately if your pet is experiencing any of the following:
- Choking or having difficulty breathing
- Hit by a car or suffered blunt-force trauma of any kind
- Ingested a foreign object such as a toy, sock, or string
- Ingested something poisonous
- Profuse bleeding
- Inability to move or stand
- Unusually warm or cold
- Having a seizure
- Loss of consciousness
- Excessive vomiting and/or severe diarrhea
- Blood in stool
- Unable to pass stool or urinate
When in doubt about your pet’s condition, call us—our team will be more than happy to answer your questions, provide assistance, or set up a room so we can see your pet as soon as possible.