New Puppy & Kitten
new puppy or kitten?
The Acorn Animal Hospital team is ecstatic to meet your newest addition to the family! Our veterinarians are experts in puppy and kitten care.
The team is here to support you in being the best new pet parent, they ensure all questions are answered upon your first visit.
When you come in for your first visit our doctors will take the time to conduct a comprehensive exam, ensuring they answer any questions you may have. Most importantly, there will be a complete walk-through on initial testing and recommended vaccinations.
FOR YOUR FIRST NEW PET VISIT:
Upon your first visit, please bring:
- Any prior records you may have from the shelter, pet store, or breeder
- A fresh stool sample in a Ziploc bag or Tupperware container (if possible)
- A list of questions you would like addressed at your visit
To avoid exposing your puppy or kitten to viruses that they are not yet vaccinated for, kindly do the following:
- Ensure your puppy is leashed and carried
- Ensure your kitten is in a carrier until in the exam room
- Refrain from letting your puppy socialize with other pets in the hospital (and outside)
*If your puppy or kitten is coughing or sneezing please let us know immediately.